On June 9th at 4 p.m. you can take advantage of the Carmel Arts Council (CAC) historic walking tour through the Arts and Design District. The tour guide will be Joan Cimino, CAC board member.
The tour begins at the garden of the World's Smallest Children's Art Gallery at 40 W. Main Street.
The tour is in conjunction with Carmel's 175th Anniversary.
The historic areas are depicted by bronze plaques underwritten by the Carmel Redevelopment Commidsion. The research and coordination of the plaques is the work of the CAC Executive Director Doreen Squire Ficara.
The tour will include:
- First Carmel Public Library - located on an art gallery wall across from Woody's Library Restaurant at 40 E. Main Street, plaque installed February 27, 2007
- Carmel Theater - located on the right of the entrance to an event planning shop at 1 Rangeline Road, plaque installed February 26,2007
- Silent Film Theater - located on the outside wall of the Carmel Antique Mall, 38 W. Main Street, plaque installed November 8, 2008
- Carmel's First Doctor's Office - located on the right side of the entrance to The Great Frame Up behind the Indiana Design Center, plaque installed November 8, 2008
- Carnegie Building - 40 E. Main Street, now Library Restaurant, Carnegie Library opened in 1913, plaque installed May 1, 2009
- Lumberyard Mall - 141 1st Street SW, plaque installed December 23, 2010
- Carmel Fire Department - 210 1st Avenue SW, Original Fire Department building build 1956, plaque installed October 13, 2011